Complications of osteoporosis
Osteoporosis complications include:
- hip fracture
- Compression fracture of the spine
- Fracture of the radius
- Reducing the lifetime by 20%
- The development of pressure ulcers
treatment of osteoporosis
Treatment of osteoporosis – a laborious and lengthy process. Used medications, diet, exercise.
Drug treatment of osteoporosis:
One of the most effective drugs that affect the course of osteoporosis are bisphosphonates. It Aklasta (only one injection per year), Bonviva (one tablet per month) and Fosavans (week 1 tablet). They stop the destruction of the bone tissue.
As an adjunctive therapy used:
- Calcium in the form of tablets for a long time (2-4 tablets per day)
- Estrogens (estrogen dosage depends on the level in the blood)
- Along with medicines to patients is recommended to wear a support corset waist and take courses LFK (set of exercises is chosen individually).
Diet and proper nutrition:
In osteoporosis need to drink milk and dairy products in any form in unlimited quantities. Also highly digestible greens, nuts, fish, broccoli and cabbage. Fish oil also helps to preserve the bone.
Prevention of osteoporosis:
- To prevent osteoporosis you should:
- Eat enough calcium throughout life (with food and tableted);
- To live an active lifestyle;
- Take after menopause substitution drugs (which can be either herbal remedies and chemicals);
- Promptly treat endocrine diseases;
- Save physiological posture, avoid slouching;
- It is advisable to sleep on orthopedic mattresses.