Paraphimosis – this is a very serious and dangerous condition. So called compression of the glans penis push back the foreskin.
Paraphimosis – this is not an independent disease, a complication of phimosis or other time not cured diseases. The condition can occur at the time of employment anonizmom (mostly children), during intercourse or performing hygienic procedures. However, the true cause of the condition is often dismissive attitude to their own health and the recommendations of the urologist.
Head, flattened tight flesh swells rapidly. The neck, tight foreskin cuts it even stronger, increasing edema caused. A vicious circle may cause necrotic (dying off) tissues of the penis amputation.
Symptoms of paraphimosis:
Do not confuse phimosis and paraphimosis. Phimosis called inability to expose the head of the inherent characteristics, injury or genetic predisposition. Paraphimosis – a consequence of this phenomenon. If you make a forcible removal of the head of the penis constricted and sedentary flesh, the following symptoms may occur:
The pain, the appearance of cyanosis, edema appearance, which is constantly and rapidly increasing.
- When failure to provide emergency assistance after a while the pain stops, that is a very formidable symptom: this is the first sign of tissue death.
- Cyanosis becomes dark purple or black color, there are sores. At this stage, it is only possible amputation of necrotic tissue.
Paraphimosis and its consequences:
- Paraphimosis not bring serious consequences only if the foreskin is very fast vpravlena into place. Otherwise, the possibility of very serious complications, including:
- necrosis of the head, which are subject to amputation;
severe infection developed ulcers, leading to a general inflammation with unpredictable consequences.
Paraphimosis: Effective Treatment
- If you encounter this situation, you can try to provide independent assistance to the affected. Do it like this:
- head and neck foreskin liberally smeared with something slippery: butter, cream, jelly, or etc.
- gently squeezing the head, translational or rotational movements trying to return it to the preputial sac.
- However, if this could not be done for 5 or 10 minutes, you should immediately go to the doctor. Half an hour later necrosis can occur.
The surgeon should help this victim in the first place. This is done as follows:
- Parafimoz administered analgesic. For adults typically use a local anesthetic (lidocaine, procaine, etc.). The anesthetic is administered under the skin near the base of the penis.
- Babies preferable to do general anesthesia.
- The surgeon tries to manually save the patient from paraphimosis. If this fails, the doctor starts to treat paraphimosis by using surgical methods.
- Strangulated of the prepuce incised or excised.
Rank treated with antibacterial ointments, for the first time anti-inflammatory dressing is applied to it.
Appointed by washing, which can be done at home.
- If you have to remove too much of the flesh and other tissues, the patient is prescribed antibiotics and treatment is carried out only in a hospital.
Prevention of paraphimosis:
Paraphimosis can only arise from non-compliance with the doctor’s recommendations and neglect of health. Therefore boys should regularly show pediatricians and parents unconditionally implement its recommendations.